Tuesday, April 15, 2014
You might be a Common Core Wreck Part 2
1. It's Monday night and you are once again subjecting yourself to another tortuous Common Core
2. Your middle-schooler gets detention for passing out opt-out forms on school grounds.
3. You've been to so many school board meetings that they had your name engraved on a chair.
4. Kinko's asks you "More opt-out forms for you today?" the minute you walk in the door.
5. Your kindergarten child is overheard telling a classmate that she is "unilaterally opposed to high stakes testing."
6. The people in your school's office refuse to make eye contact anymore and take your form without saying a word.
7. The district curriculum developer refers to you as "that woman."
8. Your high school kid unfriends you on Facebook because you keep posting the link to United Opt-Out.
9. You keep your hand up at meetings and they NEVER call on you
10. Teachers tell you stories off the record and make you promise never to tell ANYONE ever...
Posted by IBankonme at 7:59 AM